When was the last time you got how vital it is to say YES?
Do you feel the POWER in it? Come on, put your hands up! Pump your fists and say YES!
How often do you do that for your simple pleasures? Do you give yourself simple pleasures or are you too busy?
In the days of too many things on your list, too many people you have to satisfy, too much of this and too much of that….we forget the power of saying yes to ourselves to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.
Here is a simple tool to help you put this into practice today!
My list of simple pleasures is going to be long! I am going for 500—yeah, I really want to be more aware of all of the freaking amazing simple pleasures in my life. Because I am like YOU, I have those busy days I might lose touch with taking care of myself. Yes, few and far between, yes my bounce back rate is quicker than in years gone by, but still I am a woman!
Here’s a start of some of my simple pleasures!
- flowers in my office
- HALLOWEEN! dressing up and hangin’ with my man
- a good book (currently I am reading A Joseph Campbell Companion)
- morning snuggles with River
- grocery shopping–several times a week
- farmers market
- mindless humor
- comedians (have you listened to Jim Gaffigan???!! Let me know what you think)
- new shoes
- 3 hummingbird feeders around my home (Thank you John!)
- burgers with peanut butter (yeah, sound horrible, gonna eat one today)
- waterfall hikes
- GOING FOR IT! even when I am scared
Okay, that is my start….I will keep going! in my journal
What are some of your favorite pleasures?
What are some of the ways YOU say feel the POWER OF YES to yourself??